Seniors   ☰
Youth   ☰
My CFC   ☰
Cove F C | Farnborough | Cove Football & Social Club

Cove FC v Sutton Common Rovers

Wed 04 Oct 2017

Match Report by John Muir

Cove 0 SCR 1 This was a good performance by Cove against a premiership side. Cove conceded a goal midway through the first half though they were rarely troubled after that time. Unfortunately the SCR defence did not allow Cove much space and Cove did not trouble the SCR keeper. Salv sent on Paras Gill upfront to see if his pace could change things but he had little chance to show his potential. Good Luck to SC R in the next round.

Cove FC v Hamble Club

Wed 20 Sep 2017

Match Report by John Muir

Cove 1 Hamble Club 7 Hamble Club are riding high in the Hampshire League and proved to be too good for us. Leading 3-0 at Half Time the visitors dominated the game. In the 2nd half they increased their lead to 5 before Jordan Grebe pulled one back for Cove. However this proved only to be temporary respite as Hamble continued to press their superiority finishing the night 7-1 winners.

Bedfont & Feltham v Cove FC

Sat 16 Sep 2017


Match Report by John Muir

A good solid win just what we needed. An Alistair Brown goal from a corner half way through the 1st half. Felix Laing should have scored when through 1 on 1 with the keeper but the Bedfont keeper made a sprawling safe. Alistair score from about 10 yards when the defence failed to clear. In the 2nd half neither side created many chances although Aiden Upward in the Cove goal was forced to clear in sweeper fashion when Bedfont pushed for an equaliser.

United Services Portsmouth v Cove FC

Tue 22 Aug 2017


Match Report by John Muir

US Portsmouth 2 Cove 2 (Cove win 3-4 on penalties) Cove advanced to the 2nd round of the Hants County Cup on Tuesday with a hard fought victory over US Portsmouth. The service side made an excellent start to the game and dominated the 1st half. At half time the 2-0 scoreline to the home side did reflect that state of the game. In the 2nd half Cove came more into the game and survived some close calls. However we were thrown a lifeline in the 82 minute when Owusu Osei was fouled in box and Jordan Glebe slotted home. Cove then stepped up their game and Owusu scrambled home an equaliser with seconds left of normal time. 9 minutes of added time ensued but the game finished even. Penalties started badly when we missed the first penalty but 2 saves from goalkeeper Billy Wilson saw us through to a victory 4-3 penalties. US Portsmouth were unbeaten prior to this game and Cove squad included 3 youth team players who showed they were capable of contributing at 1st team level. Well done lads and it's Hamble at home in the next round!!!

Cove FC v Kensington Borough

Sat 19 Aug 2017


Match Report by John Muir

Cove 0 Kensington Borough 2 This was not one of our best performances as we lost to a team new to the league and still trying to adapt at this level. After a bright start the game evened out and at half time a 0-0 scoreline told the story of the game. As the 2nd half progressed Kensington took the upper hand and looked the team more likely to score. In the 77th minute Harsi was left free in the box and slotted the ball past Billy Wilson. Cove lost all hope 5 minutes later when Daranki made it 2-0 and a larger than normal crowd went home disappointed.

Cove FC v Fleet Spurs

Wed 16 Aug 2017


Match Report by John Muir

Cove 1 Fleet Spurs 1 Cove put together the best half of football I have seen in a long time but were disappointed to go in at half time only winning 1-0 against near neighbours Fleet Spurs. On 29 minutes Owusu Osei scored with a shot across the keeper. Cove continued to push forward but despite hitting the crossbar could not increase their advantage. The 2nd half started more evenly and Fleet struck the bar early in the half. On 61 minutes a rash challenge on the corner of the box resulted in a penalty and Sam Knowles coolly slotted home into the corner of the net. Cove were stunned into action and after several near misses Cove were also awarded a penalty for a rash challenge. Felix Laing struck the ball well but the ball came back of the bar and Fleet were reprieved. Fleet could have nicked the points late in the game but the wily Knowles missed twice with only the keeper to beat. This was a good performance but in all honesty was 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained !!!